Tip: This article teaches you how to open torrent file, if you are looking for more information click here or see the end of the post.
Torrents are the latest and fastest way of distributing softwares and other content on the web. With torrents users can download files from multiple users rather than having to download files from a single server.
What are Torrent Files?
BitTorrent is a peer-to-peer file sharing protocol used to distribute large amounts of data. The initial distributor of the complete file or collection acts as the first seed. Each peer who downloads the data also uploads them to other peers. Relative to standard Internet hosting, this provides a significant reduction in the original distributor’s hardware and bandwidth resource costs. It also provides redundancy against system problems and reduces dependence on the original distributor. wikipedia.
How to Open .torrent files?
There are various softwares that will allow you to open and download the content from .torrent files. BitTorrent has their own software using which you can open .torrent files. We prefer using uTorrent though, a lightweight software, which is fast and allows for easy management of .torrent files.
uTorrent is completely free and was included in the 35+ amazing and free softwares we talked about earlier.
- Now that you have learnt about torrents, you might want to create and share them too, read our tutorial on How you can create and share torrent files.
- When you create your own torrent files, you will need a tracker server for it, here is a open & universal bittorent tracker.
- Certain limitations on Windows decrease torrent download speeds, here is a tool that will help you boost your P2P and torrent download speeds.
- Torrents provide fast downloads, however where can you find them? We have listed the Torrent Search Toolbar, you might also want to check a Firefox toolbar for searching torrents.
- Not all Torrents available out there are safe many of them are infected with viruses and spywares, take a look at how you can Save yourself from infected torrents.
- Want to preview a torrent before downloading them? Use this handy tool to Preview/Watch movies before downloading them.
- New on Techie Buzz? Visit the Home Page to view the latest content or browse our huge gallery of Tips and Tricks posts. We also have a huge list of hand-picked popular posts, don’t forget to visit the Top Posts section to read them.
- If you are visiting this blog for the first time, why don’t you subscriber to our RSS feeds to get regular updates, we also deliver free newsletter directly to your inbox, signup for our free newsletter.