The error is annoying because it may happen even if you have paid your bill on time or there is no service disruption in your area. Fixing this problem could be tricky since there is no specific reasons on why this happens. However, if you are fed up of seeing this error on your TV screen here are some steps you should follow to fix the Comcast S0a00 error.
Before you try the solution please make sure your Comcast cable bill is paid. Yes, this error could show up if you have not paid your Comcast Bill. Also, make sure that your Comcast connection has not been disconnected for some reason.
Solution 1: Resetting your cable box.
- img source: theconchtech.com
Sometimes the error may occur because of a problem with the cable box. This may happen due to several reasons, however, it is easily fixable by resetting the cable box. Follow the steps below to reset your cable box.
- Unplug the adapter from the back of your cable box and wait for 15-30 seconds
- Plug the adapter back in and check to see if the S0a00 error disappears
- If the error still persists move to solution 2
Solution 2: Checking the Coaxial cable connection.
- img source: allconnect.com
The problem might occur because the Coaxial cable on the wall may not be proper. You might want to follow the instructions below to try and see if it helps.
- Turn off your Cable or HD box
- Remove the Coaxial cable from your cable box
- Check if the Coaxial cable on the wall is tightly fitted, if not try to unscrew the Coaxial cable on the wall and then screw it back tightly.
- Screw the Coaxial cable back into your cable box and check to see if it fixes the issue.
- If the problem has not fixed check Solution 3
Solution 3: Getting customer support to reset your box remotely
- img source: businessandmarketingblog.com
If nothing has worked for you so far, you can still get rid of the S0a00 error without setting up a tech call. In order to do that call 1-800-COMCAST and follow the steps to report a faulty cable TV.
Explain the S0a00 error to the representative and they will try to remotely send a signal to your box to reconfigure it. Most of the time this should fix the issue.
However, if the S0a00 issue is still not fixed even after the remote signal is sent, it might be an issue with a faulty Coaxial issue or your cable line. The issue can only be resolved by setting up a Comcast representative to do a tech visit to your house. You can set that up on call with Comcast.
Please note: The solution listed above are just for informational reasons and we should not be held liable if something goes wrong while you use it.