In case you are not aware, Windows 7 has inbuilt support for multi-touch. Of course, you will need to have a touch sensitive monitor for this to work. Although adoption of touchscreen monitors has been slow, manufacturers are slowly warming up to the idea. Major manufacturers like Dell, Asus, Fujitsu, HP and Lenovo have already jumped on the bandwagon. In spite of this, awareness about Windows 7′s touch abilities is still fairly low. Perhaps to remedy this, Microsoft has released Touch Pack for Windows 7.
Microsoft Touch Pack for Windows 7 is a collection of utilities and games, which makes use of Windows 7′s multi-touch capabilities. The applications included in the Touch Pack are:
- Microsoft Blackboard: An intricate game of physics in which you solve a puzzle by creating a fanciful machine on a blackboard.
- Microsoft Garden Pond: A tranquil game that takes place in serene Japanese water gardens.
- Microsoft Rebound: A game in which you use your fingertips to control Tesla spheres with an electrical field between them to catapult a metal game ball into your opponent’s goal.
- Microsoft Surface Globe: A program that you can use to explore the earth as a flat 2-D map or as an immersive 3-D experience.
- Microsoft Surface Collage: A program that you can use to explore and interact with your photos and arrange them as a desktop background.
- Microsoft Surface Lagoon: A screen saver and interactive water simulation, complete with a meditative rock arrangement and playful, shy fish.
You can download the Touch Pack for Windows 7 from here.