Speech recognition is one of the hidden gems on Windows Phone. Many of the things you do day-to-day on your phone can be accomplished using only your voice, saving you a lot of clicks and typing. Using your voice to make a phone call also works through a Bluetooth headset.
- To open Speech, press and hold the Start button on your phone.
- When you’ve finished talking, press Go or simply wait a couple of seconds.
- If you want to cancel, press the Back button on your phone.
Here are some of the speech commands you can use:
Call someone from your contact list
- Call <contact name>
- Contact name is the name of someone in your contact list
Call any phone number
- Call <phone number>
- Phone number is any phone number, whether it belongs to a contact or not
Search the web
- Find <search term>
- Search for <search term>
- Search term is the term you want to search the web with
Open an application
- Open <application>
- Start <application>
- Application is the name of any application on your phone, such as Calendar.