When Joe Chiu shared this brilliant app with me (amongst other Microsoft folks), I thought we need to share this with other WinMo enthusiasts and users. So, after several mails to-and-fro between us, and amazing support from Joe, I’m glad to announce the public release of FeedMe.
FeedMe is a lightweight and neat RSS/podcast/photostream client for Windows Mobile devices, both Professional (PocketPCs) and Standard (Smartphones).
FeedMe is not just a regular content subscription app, but also helps you to discover interesting content that you may not be aware of. FeedMe enables you to find interesting feeds on the Web and subscribe to them by using the Discover Feed option when reading an item allowing you to add feeds from external Websites and by using the Search feature. You can also subscribe to keywords.
Another brilliant feature of FeedMe is the ability to subscribe to Flickr and Zooomr photostreams and view them as a slide show.
Subscrbing to a photostream though is similar to a blog/podcast. You need to manually add the photostream URL as a feed, and voila!
An exhaustive feature list of FeedMe:
- Supports RSS, RDF, and Atom feed formats
- View feed content in full HTML fidelity with pictures
- Supports MP3/WMA podcasts (Also supports streaming WMA)
- Download Manager: Allows you to view the progress of current downloading podcasts
- Downloaded Podcast channel allows you to view all your downloaded podcasts easily
- Today folder, Watch folder (find content with certain keywords)
- Cache all the content for seamless reading experience
- Play all downloaded podcasts in a playlist in Downloaded Podcast channel
- Pick a feed from an OPML file (You can open the OPML file from local device or from a URL)
- Options to automatically download latest episodes of a podcast and purge old files
- Config file auto-save and auto-recovering
Download the application from here or snap the tag below for a direct download link. Please make sure you have the .NET Compact Frameworks 3.5 installed on your WinMo, or you might experience crashes and screen flickering.
Like it? Hate it? Feedback? Let us know in the comments. Please also share the word, and spread the buzz.