Here is some good news for bloggers who use the Tweetmeme button for promoting their blog posts on Twitter. Tweetmeme has recently added a pro feature, you can now upgrade to Tweetmeme pro for $1000 a year and get added features on the Tweetmeme Retweet button.
According to Tweetmeme, here are the added features in Tweetmeme pro buttons:
- You can add up to 10 UTM tracking tags within the pro retweet button, this will be useful when you want to track Twitter traffic in a variety of more ways.
- The design of the button can be customized to match with your site’s template.
- You can further customize the design of the pop up box, the one which opens when someone clicks the Retweetbutton on your blog posts.
- Better performance, dedicated servers to ensure your button is up and working.
- Accurate Retweet counts.
- Support for hash tags and URL shortener, this includes integration with Bit.ly Pro much awaited.
Here is an example image of the Tweetmeme pop up box, the logo really adds the branding you have always wanted.
There are 3 pricing plans to start with, the basic plan will cost you $1000 a year and up to 500,000 buttons served every day. The Pro plan will cost $2000 which will serve up to 2,000,000 buttons every day. The enterprise plan is $5000 a year, will serve unlimited number of buttons every day.
I think the regular Tweetmeme button does a fine job, however if you need all the advanced customizations and URL tracking with UTM tags you may switch to Tweetmeme pro. I am quite surprised to see that there are no monthly plans for Tweetmeme Pro, this would have allowed publishers with a small budget test the advanced buttons.
More information is available at the Tweetmeme blog.