With every release of Windows there have been several changes to the control panel, where Microsoft has tried to group tasks and make navigation easier, however many users find it hard to use the new control panel options and prefer using the default control panel.
If you want to make it a bit more easier to use the control panel applets, here are some handy shortcut keys for windows control panel applets.
You will need to use run prompt to open up the control panel applets. The hot key for the run prompt key from your keyboard Windows Key + R. Once you have opened run prompt, enter the shortcut and click on enter to launch the applet. Learn more about other Windows Hot Keys.
- Accessibility Options – access.cpl
- Add or remove programs – appwiz.cpl
- Add Hardware Wizard – hdwwiz.cpl
- Date and time properties – timedate.cpl
- Display Properties – desk.cpl
- Mouse Settings – main.cpl
- Keyboard Settings main.cpl keyboard
- Sound Properties – mmsys.cpl
- Open Fonts Panel – fonts
- Change User Settings – nusrmgr.cpl
- Firewall Settings – firewall.cpl
- Open Internet Properties – inetcpl.cpl
- Regional and Language Settings – intl.cpl
- View Network Connections – ncpa.cpl
- Network Setup wizard – netsetup.cpl
- Power Management Options – powercfg.cpl
- System Properties – sysdm.cpl
- Phone and Modem Options telephon.cpl
- Joystick Properties joy.cpl
To launch the control panel itself type controlin the run prompt. Do you use any other shortcut keys with Windows? Do let us know through your comments.