Twitter is a popular platform for letting other people know what you are doing at this time, the term "tweet" resembles a user activity at any given time for a user, that said Twitter itself has options to update your status using the site itself, by sending a SMS or by updating your status using a IM clients Gmail or Jabber.
There is no added support for clients such as MSN, Yahoo, AIM and ICQ as they are not part of the Jabber platform.
TwitterIM is a solution for MSN and ICQ users where you can update your twitter status using your MSN or ICQ messengers.
To start updating your status on twitter using MSN / Windows Live Messenger simply add the email bot email@example.com to you contact list, for ICQ users add the number 446510127 to your contact list.
Once you have done that you can start tweeting by sending a message to these contacts just like you do with Gmail or Jabber.
- The URL’s you type into the message will automatically be converted to TinyURL.
- The messages to twitter will be delivered even when twitter site is down while you have typed the message.
- You can create longer tweets.
- You will also get a email address using which you can update your twitter status by sending an email.
- Simply send "friends" to the bot and get last 20 updates from your friends.
Overall looks a pretty good service which also provides much more functionality than the regular twitter bots.
Give it a try and also do follow me on twitter here.