Coding CSS and HTML for Internet Explorer is definitely a hard task, with each version of IE following different standards. So a designers nightmare come true, is when they have to code for different versions of IE without being able to install all the versions on the same PC, so you would see people using a Remote Desktop, VNC client or any other solution just to test their websites in different versions of Internet Explorer.
Internet Explorer Collection is a handy freeware utility which will allow users to run multiple versions of IE on the same PC, it basically contains standalone versions of IE which can be run at the same time and runs independently of each other.
Internet Explorer Collection contains the following versions of IE:
- Internet Explorer 1.0 (188.8.131.528)
- Internet Explorer 1.5 (0.1.0.10)
- Internet Explorer 2.01 (184.108.40.206)
- Internet Explorer 3.0 (3.0.1152)
- Internet Explorer 4.01 (4.72.3110.0)
- Internet Explorer 5.01 (5.00.3314.2100)
- Internet Explorer 5.5 (5.51.4807.2300)
- Internet Explorer 6.0 (6.00.2800.1106)
- Internet Explorer 7.0 (7.0.5730.13)
- Internet Explorer 8.0 (8.0.6001.18241)
We are still wondering, why they have included versions of IE5 and below, but it definitely would give you a good laugh trying to see, what sort of a mess their rendering engine would make of your website. The installation files are a bit large in size and totals to almost 43 MB, but with the amount of browser included it would be a worthwhile download.