In the last DYK, I had talked about some hoax pages that Google had created on April Fool’s Day. This time too, it’s about Google but I have brought some more interesting stuff that you would surely like.
Today, I am gonna tell you some easter eggs in Google Search. Check out!
- Nice trick: Go to Google.com. Search for “ascii art”. You will see that the Google logo has turned into a ascii code.
- The loneliest number: Searching for “the loneliest number” on Google will give you the result in calculator as 1!
- Wondering what is life? Google answers it!: Searching for “the answer to life, the universe, and everything” on Google will give you the answer from the calculator as 42! This was related to a film called “The Hitchhikers Guide to Galaxy” in which they find out some answer through complicated calculations. Sorry, i don’t much as I haven’t seen the movie.
- Hmmm, I can see that!: Searching for “the number of horns on a unicorn” on Google will give you the answer as 1. [The actual reason behind this is that Google sometimes considers these words as strings. You can verify this y multiplying those words with another number. This applies for the above example too]
- Oh, is it?: Searching for “once in a blue moon” on Google search will give you the result as “1.16699016 Ã— 10-8 hertz” in the calculator.
That looks like a small list, isn’t it? That’s all I could get for the “search tricks” this time. Will update it as and when I come to know about new ones.
To make this post a little longer, and entertain you for some more time, I have added some cool easter eggs here.
Picasa Easter Egg
If you are using Picasa, to process your images, then here is a cool easter egg.
Keep pressing Ctrl + Shift + Y, and you will see something really cute and cool! Check out the screenshot below. Thanks for the screenshot, Keith! [ Click on the screenshot to enlarge.]
Google Reader Easter Egg
Google Reader has a secret mode called the Ninja Mode. We had already covered it in one of the earlier posts. If you have missed that out, go ahead and check it here.
So, that’s it for today!