Going through tons of unwanted emails everyday has become a routine for each one of us. These may be mailing lists we are no longer interested in, annoying friends or family members or simply spam. You have tried unsubscribing and marking it as spam but nothing seemed to work. Here’s another way to make these messages disappear.
To set up automatic deletion for emails coming from a particular source, we first need to set up a filter so Gmail can identify that source.
- Open one of these unwanted emails.
- Click on the drop down arrow next to Reply and select Filter messages like this.
- Enter additional criteria if you want like subject and certain words that can identify these messages.
- Click on Test Search to make sure Gmail is identifying the right messages.
- Click on Next Step.
- Check the boxes Mark As Read and Delete It.
- Click on Create Filter.
That’s it. These messages will now be deleted as soon they are received. If you ever want to change this, you can go to Settings and edit the filter.