Have you ever tried printing an entire CHM file from Windows? Chances are the file won’t print properly. This is a known bug, and there’s a workaround to printing an entire CHM file easily.
How to print the whole of a CHM file?
Here are the steps you need to take if you want a full CHM file to be printed:
- First, open the CHM file. It should open up in the default CHM Viewer
- Click on the topic you want to print
- Click the ‘Print’ button in the CHM Viewer Toolbar
- You’ll be asked if you want the particular selection alone, or also all the topics under the heading. Make a selection and click ‘OK’
- In the Window that appears, DO NOT click the ‘Print’ button
- Instead, navigate to C:\Documents And Settings\[Your User Name]\Local Settings\Temp\
- Now, you should see a .HTM file with a name like ~hh3256.htm
- Double-Click on the file and wait for it to open in a browser like Internet Explorer
- The file should contain the parts of the CHM file that you wanted to print
- Go to File >> Print and get the file printed!
So, that is how you print multiple pages/topics from a CHM file.