google sketchup is an esay to learn 3d modelling program, it has a simplicity of tools to create 3d models of houses, sheds, decks, home additions and lots of other things.
using google sketchup you just draw a shape and use their patented "push/pull" tool to draw in 3d.
here are some of the features and users of the google sketchup tool;
google sketchup features:
* tools for creating geometry
* tools for modifying geometry
* tools for orbiting – zooming, panning around a model
* export to google earth
use it for:
* populating the world in google earth
* home improvement projects
* woodworking or furniture design.
what's the difference between google sketchup (free) and sketchup pro 5?
* pro users are able to print and export raster images at higher-than-screen resolution.
* pro users have access to the following 3d export formats: dwg, dxf, 3ds, obj, xsi, vrml and fbx.
* pro users are able to export animations and walkthroughs as mov (mac) or avi (windows) files.
* pro users get the sandbox tools (for organic modeling of terrain, etc) and the film & stage tools (for pre-viz work).
* pro users have access to the pro users' forum
* pro users have access to free email tech support for two years after they buy sketchup pro.
* finally, only sketchup pro is approved for commercial use; the free version is licensed for personal use only.