Google’s ISP Speed – 524 Mbps Download Speed, 147 Mbps Upload Speed
By on March 29th, 2011

Google is known for it’s speed in search results. Not only are they blazing fast, they are literally there before you blink your eyes. In recent times, Google also took faster to a new level with .

Google ISP Speed

From this information it is easy to gauge that Google’s servers are powered by some really big servers who have an enormous bandwidth. But what about people working in Google’s offices? Do they have fast internet connections?

Well, yes. Let’s just call it blazing fast. Brad from The Next Web unearthed a speed test done by a Google employee on a Reddit QnA session by the team.

The speed test as you can see above is something unbelievable. Google offices in SFO have a download speed of 524Mbps and upload speed of 147.2 Mbps speed. Being in US, I am used to some high speed connections, but it does not come anywhere close to what Google has in it’s office. Also the speed test says that it is faster than 99% of US users, so are all the other 1% Google employees Smile.

The ISP that provides internet in Google offices, is Google themselves. I Bet the people who are going to get the Google ISP lines will be really happy about it.

Tags: ,
Author: Keith Dsouza Google Profile for Keith Dsouza
I am the editor-in-chief and owner of Techie Buzz. I love coding and have contributed to several open source projects in the past. You can know more about me and my projects by visiting my Personal Website. I am also a social networking enthusiast and can be found active on twitter, you can follow Keith on twitter @keithdsouza. You can click on my name to visit my Google+ profile.

Keith Dsouza has written and can be contacted at keith@techie-buzz.com.

Leave a Reply

Name (required)

Website (optional)

 
 
Copyright 2006-2012 Techie Buzz. All Rights Reserved. Our content may not be reproduced on other websites. Content Delivery by MaxCDN