Google calendar goes live
google has finally made its calendar service avialable.
- text recognition – in adding an event, or detecting a new event from gmail, calendar automatically detects event-specific words and suggests the adding of a new event with data auto-structured.
- manage multiple calendars – set up multiple calendars (work, personal, etc) and view them separately or together.
- heavy gmail integration – gmail recognizes when messages include event information, so when you get emailed about an event, you can add it to google calendar with just a couple clicks. google calendar links on the right side of the gmail page.
- sharing – calendars can be shared with others, and you can subscribe to others’ shared calendars. read/write permissions can be granted on a per user basis. calendars can be published via a web page or via rss, so readers do not need to be on the google calendar platform.
- importing – you can import events from other calendar programs, including yahoo calendar and microsoft outlook. click “settings,” then “import calendar”.
- calendar search
read the original article here at techcrunch .