Silicon Valley’s three biggest companies are in their own ways helping raise funds for the victims of the disastrous earth-quake that has resulted in massive destruction and countless lost lives in Haiti. The three companies are offering cash and in-kind donations, at the same time encouraging their users & employees to contribute. Details of the donations from three companies are:
- Announced $1.25M worth of cash and in-cash contribution.
- Offered to match up with up to $12,000 donation per employee.
- Key telecommunication infrastructure support is also being provided.
- A link to How you can help Haitihas been added to the Bing homepage.
- Google has announced a $1M donation for relief efforts.
- They’ve setup a donation page to enable users & employees to contribute.
- Link to the donation page has been added to Google.com
Apple is using its widely used iTunes software to allow users make donations of fixed denominations using ‘Charity Gift Cards’. The process is similar to buying iTunes Gift Cards, you can make donations of $5, $10, $25, $50, $100 & $500 from within iTunes using the credit card associated to your iTunes account.
Click here to open the iTunes donation screen (requires iTunes and will launch iTunes automatically.)
It is heart warming to see the Corporate Citizenshipof these companies by not just announcing donations respectively but also enabling their vast user base to help a noble cause. Our hearts go out to all affected by this tragedy. From everyone here at Techie-Buzz we pray and hope for the best.