YouTube is no doubt one of the biggest video service on the internet today serving more than 2 billion videos a day. However, it’s home page is definitely not one of the best and lacks a lot of personalization.
However, starting today, YouTube is experimenting with a new homepage which adds some much needed features to your homepage. Here are some of the new features which are included in the new homepage.
- Combined list – Merges your subscriptions, friend activity, and recommendations into one easier-to-scan list
- Don’t miss a video – If a channel uploads 4 videos in a day, you’ll see all 4 – instead of just the latest video
- Delete anything – Hover over any video you don’t want to watch and click ‘x’
- Or just grey it out – Videos you’ve already watched will be greyed out – so even without deleting, you’ll know where you left off
- Help me re-find stuff I just watched – Your homepage will include your recent likes and favorites so you can easily get back to them
- Easy inbox – Links to your inbox (personal messages & comments) are front and center
- Load much more – Watch older videos – all without leaving the homepage
Some of the interesting features include combined list of subscriptions, friend activity and recommendation videos which makes it easier to find and watch videos. In addition to that there is also more focus on channels you subscribe to, so that you do not miss any videos uploaded by your favorite folks.
In addition to that, you can also remove videos you are not interested in from your homepage. Also videos you have already watched will be grayed out so that you know that you have already seen it without watching it again.
How To Get New YouTube Homepage
YouTube’s new homepage is about enhancing your personal experience, so it is currently available for logged in users. To experience the new homepage, visit youtube.com and click on the button "Try a different homepage". This will take you to another page where you need to opt-in. Once you have done that you can start using the new YouTube homepage.
If you are not logged in to YouTube, you can visit this page http://www.youtube.com/homepage_experiment, but it does not help much.
Have you used the new homepage on YouTube? What are your thoughts about it, feel free to share them with us through your comments.