How many times have you signed up at a web site and have received spam mails. Sites like forums, free softwares sites, and so many other sites which sell your email ids to marketing companies.
And why should you give away your email id's to them for free. So many things are happening including unknown sales emails getting into your inbox, Viruses, Trojan horses and the worst phising mails that affect your pc's.
Spammers have become much more smarter than you can expect and are bypassing spam filters to get through, using images a unique way though its not new but right last week a spammer got through filters to reach my inbox using modified images, so i am very careful to let my personal email id out.
Why waste time fighting spam when you can do it through your browser, though, only if your using Firefox and also Flock, if you read my earlier article on converting Firefox extensions to be used in Flock.
There is a new extension called Temporary Inbox that will allow you to create temporary and random email ids which are valid only for 6 hours.
To top it all you can check your incoming email just by the click of a button, so not only do you avoid spam you also save time isn't it.
This extension generates random disposable email addresses. Use those email addresses for registration at forums, adult sites or whatever.
The email addresses dosen't need registration. This is an easy way to avoid spam, because the spamer never knows your private email address .. only the temporaryinbox.com email address. And there the mails will be deleted after 6 hours.
So when you signup your email will still be safe as you will only be providing a email id that will last till you recieve a verification mail from the site or till you ask it to be alive.
Please do not sign up with the email id for sites where communication between you and the site is essential as this is only a temporary email id so if you trust and think that a website is genuine then use your regular email id.
This email id is best to use for forums, new sites etc which you do not trust, atleast you can give your spam filter a breather for a while.
Some of the features of the Temporary Inbox Extension
1. The situation: You want to signup at a website or whatever. You are at the registration formular and you have to enter your private email address.
2. You don't want to give away your private email address. So you choose to use an email address from temporaryinbox.com.
3. Now click the "random email" button at the temporaryinbox firefox extension toolbar.
4. A random temporary email address has been generated now.
5. Copy it from the toolbar to the email address field in the registration formular.
6. Enter the other things and submit.
7. Now you can check the inbox of your email address on temporaryinbox.com. But it's easier to use the firefox extension. Just enter the email account name you used before and press "Check"
8. Now you were redirected directly to the inbox of your temporaryinbox account.
9. Open the email and click the activation link or copy the password… or whatever.
10. Delete the mail or let it be. However the mail will be deleted after 6 hours.
Article Download: Temporary Inbox Extension