Amazon.com announced a new deal with the Disney-ABC Television Group that will add 800 new videos to its Prime Instant Video collection. It hasn’t been much more than a month since they announced similar deals with PBS and Twentieth Century Fox. If they continue to make deals at this rate, it won’t be long until they are a serious contender with Netflix and others. It is also worth noting that Netflix extended its deal with Disney-ABC as well.
Some of the popular titles that you can expect, according to their press release, are as follows:
- Prior seasons of current ABC hit series “Grey’s Anatomy”
- All episodes of recent ABC favorite “Lost”
- Prior seasons of Disney Channel’s popular animated series “Phineas & Ferb”
- Prior seasons of ABC Family’s groundbreaking series “The Secret Life of the American Teenager,” including the most recently aired episodes from summer 2011
- Prior seasons of Marvel’s animated shows “Spider-Man,” “X-Men Evolution,” “Thor & Loki: Blood Brothers” and “Iron Man: Extremis”
- All episodes of ABC Family’s “Greek”
- All episodes of “Felicity” from ABC Studios
Amazon Prime is an annual membership program made available by Amazon.com. It’s similar to a membership in a wholesale club, like Sam’s, for instance. For a $79 fee, members are able to get free two-day shipping on millions of items at Amazon.com. Recently, they have started providing Prime Instant Videos, which gives their members unlimited access to certain movies and TV shows online.
Amazon’s Kindle Fire comes with a free 3 month subscription to Amazon Prime. This deal just keeps getting sweeter and sweeter. Disney-ABC TV offers something for everyone in the family. I am personally excited to see Phineas & Ferb. I am sure my kids will be excited to see some of the new lineup as well.
What about you? Does this new line up make you want to give Amazon Prime a try? I look forward to hearing your thoughts about it.