If you are a vista user, here are the steps on how you can uninstall IE8, which we have also covered in the past.
Application launchers are a real time saver, as they allow you to launch applications quickly without having to go through several menus.
However Windows has several hidden features which are least exploited by users. Those hidden features can definitely save users a lot of time keeping them productive, for example many users may not have known that they could open Quick Launch applications by using the Windows key, however we had talked about it earlier in our Windows Button Hotkeys guide.
Recommended Read: Free Dock Applications for Windows
More than a year back I had written a tutorial on creating SEO Friendly URLs with Mod Rewrite and PHP, where I had explained the basic SEO concepts of rewriting URLs to make them SEO friendly.
Though It has been over a year, numerous emails and comments have dropped in for me to write the second part of the series, so here it is :-)
In the first part I had explained the basic changes you would require to do in the .htaccess file to create SEO friendly URLs, the post explained how you can internally redirect a URL to any PHP page that is stored on your web server.
Picasa is one of the best photo managing and editing software I have ever used, though I haven’t written much about it, I stand to mend those and give you more and more tips about it, and like Picasa I will be covering several other softwares, that I have neglected or rarely written about in coming weeks.
Getting back to Picasa, it has wonderful abilities to work with your pictures and provides you with several options to enhance them and provides tons of features for playing around with images.
One of the features I am going to tell you about is creating photo collages in three easy steps with Picasa, and yes it is free because Picasa is a freeware software provided by Google.
Yesterday we told you about 3 new exciting features where they integrated Google Calendar and Google Docs into Gmail, along with that, they also added a new feature where you can add a custom gadget to Gmail by providing the XML URL for it.
Here is a simple and step by step tutorial to add custom gadgets like Remember the Milk, weather or for that matter anything to your Gmail account.
Backups are the way of keeping your data safe and secure from disasters, and those include your personal data as well your blog database where you have been writing for days, months or years.
We have always opted for hosting providers that provide us access to Shell interfaces using which we can use putty to manage our website, this not only puts us in a better and more comfortable interface but also allows us to use CLI (command line interface) which we are pretty much comfortable with.
Torrents are gaining lots of popularity as a medium of sharing files over the P2P network, many of you may have already downloaded several torrent files, but what if you want to create and share your wedding video as a torrent among several of your friends.
Here is a simple tutorial that will show you how to create torrent files, you will need a BitTorrent client to create a torrent file. In this tutorial we will be using the popular client uTorrent, most of the other BitTorrent clients will have the same or similar steps to create a torrent.
Update: Are you new to ISO? We have more resources that will help you deal with ISO files, click here to read them.
An ISO image is an image of files that can be burnt to a CD. If you’ve just downloaded an ISO file, and be able to open the ISO file and edit its contents, before burning it off on a CD, here’s a quick guide telling you how you can open an ISO file.
First, you should know that there are quite a handful of programs that let you open ISO files, but I’m going to talk only about WinRAR here, because it’s a simple tool and just does the job intended.
- Get your copy of WinRAR from this page, double click on the setup file and the installation proceeds.
- During the setup process, WinRAR will ask you to set file associations, make sure that ISO is checked. Click ‘Done’ in the next window.
- Now, navigate to the folder where your ISO file is present. Notice that there’s a WinRAR icon indicating the ISO file.
- Double click to open the ISO file.
- WinRAR opens and the contents of the file are displayed.
- Mount ISO files as a virtual CD/DVD Rom Drive – If you do not have a CD/DVD writer you can still run ISO files like you would through a CD, read this article to know more about it.
- Free ISO Burner & Burn ISO Files to CD/DVD Free tool – Using these tools you can easily burn a ISO file to a CD or DVD.
- Create ISO Files from any Folder – Want to create your own ISO files? Use this handy tool to create them.
- Find Which Programs Can open Unknown File Types – Have you ever come across files that you are not aware of or have never seen before? Use this excellent free utility to find which application can open that file.
- For more information related to ISO, please visit the ISO section on Techie Buzz, additionally visit the Home Page to view the latest content or browse our huge gallery of Tips and Tricks posts. We also have a huge list of hand-picked popular posts, don’t forget to visit the Top Posts section to read them.
- If you are visiting this blog for the first time, why don’t you subscriber to our RSS feeds to get regular updates, we also deliver free newsletter directly to your inbox, signup for our free newsletter.