ASUS has announced via its Facebook page that it will soon start rolling out the Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update for the Transformer Pad Infinity (TF700) and Transformer Pad Prime (TF201). How soon? Within the next 72 hours!
The company has also released a change-log of the update, which is as follows -:
- Upgrade OS from Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) to Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- Default enable System Bar Lock
- Add Multiple Photo Selection feature
- Support Connect Dock (Accessory)
- Remove Adobe Flash support
- Remove Wi-Fi Direct function support
- Remove Press Reader
The Jelly Bean update will bring with it improved system performance thanks to Project Butter, enhanced keyboard and Face Unlock, re-organised Settings menu, Google Now and updated Voice Actions and some minor UI tweaks.
ASUS definitely knows how to please its customers with constant software updates and timely OS upgrades. Companies like Samsung, Sony and HTC really need to take a lesson or two from ASUS in releasing timely updates.
Asus has started rolling out another software update for its newly released Transformer Pad 300 tablet. Asus had rolled-out another software update for the Pad 300 last month, that mainly improved performance, fixed bugs and improved GPS.
The new software update also fixes some bugs, but is mainly targetted towards improving the camera performance of the device.
Below is the full change-log of the update -:
TF300T ICS v220.127.116.11
– SYSTEM – improve stability of Chrome browser
– SYSTEM – improve camera performance
– Pictures more colorful
– better audio- white balance(AWB) and auto-focus(AE)
– better continues-auto-focus (CAF)
– SYSTEM – fix the bug “wifi occasionally fail to connect after resume from suspend status”
– Appbackup – fix the bug “have to key-in password again after change screen orientation”
Asus is perhaps the only Android tablet manufacturer that has been successful with its Transformer series of tablets. The company has not only released quite a few Android tablets to cater to different budgets, but it make sures that it also continuously updates them and provides them with proper software support.