google chrome,google chrome tips and tricks,chrome tips and tricks,tips and tricks,collections,ultimate list,chrome ultimate list
The problem we saw was that Google Chrome does not install itself into the default application directory Program Files, so we checked the properties of the exe file and found the location to be in the default user folder.
Many a times you may download softwares which contain a additional file with a .nfo extensions, by default such files are supposed to open with the Windows System Information, though most of the times you may receive a error saying, System information cannot open this NFO file.
The reason being that many of the NFO files distributed with softwares are usually text files containing information about the software authors and other data.
With the release of Office 2007, Microsoft rolled out a new file format for saving files. The format uses XML to store the data and cannot be opened using the older versions of Office.
There are several instances where people are switching to the newer format, and if you don’t have Office 2007 on your PC you can still open and convert those files to be compatible with your version of office. To open .docx, .xlsx and .pptx files you will have to use any of the methods described below.
Tip: This article teaches you how to open torrent file, if you are looking for more information click here or see the end of the post.
Torrents are the latest and fastest way of distributing softwares and other content on the web. With torrents users can download files from multiple users rather than having to download files from a single server.
What are Torrent Files?
BitTorrent is a peer-to-peer file sharing protocol used to distribute large amounts of data. The initial distributor of the complete file or collection acts as the first seed. Each peer who downloads the data also uploads them to other peers. Relative to standard Internet hosting, this provides a significant reduction in the original distributor’s hardware and bandwidth resource costs. It also provides redundancy against system problems and reduces dependence on the original distributor. wikipedia.
How to Open .torrent files?
There are various softwares that will allow you to open and download the content from .torrent files. BitTorrent has their own software using which you can open .torrent files. We prefer using uTorrent though, a lightweight software, which is fast and allows for easy management of .torrent files.
uTorrent is completely free and was included in the 35+ amazing and free softwares we talked about earlier.
- Now that you have learnt about torrents, you might want to create and share them too, read our tutorial on How you can create and share torrent files.
- When you create your own torrent files, you will need a tracker server for it, here is a open & universal bittorent tracker.
- Certain limitations on Windows decrease torrent download speeds, here is a tool that will help you boost your P2P and torrent download speeds.
- Torrents provide fast downloads, however where can you find them? We have listed the Torrent Search Toolbar, you might also want to check a Firefox toolbar for searching torrents.
- Not all Torrents available out there are safe many of them are infected with viruses and spywares, take a look at how you can Save yourself from infected torrents.
- Want to preview a torrent before downloading them? Use this handy tool to Preview/Watch movies before downloading them.
- New on Techie Buzz? Visit the Home Page to view the latest content or browse our huge gallery of Tips and Tricks posts. We also have a huge list of hand-picked popular posts, don’t forget to visit the Top Posts section to read them.
- If you are visiting this blog for the first time, why don’t you subscriber to our RSS feeds to get regular updates, we also deliver free newsletter directly to your inbox, signup for our free newsletter.
A computer can only run as fast as you let it run, and to do that you may apply several visual tweaks with the help of tweaking softwares that supposedly allow your computer to run faster, but the most overlooked fact is that, having a clogged out disk can definitely cause your computer to run slower.
To put things into perspective, let us give you a real life example. In your day to day life, given the fact that your work desk consists of several things which need attention or take up space, would you be able to perform better? As opposed to having a clean desk with minimal distractions?
Rar files are archives similar to WinZip but since they use a different compression algorithm technology, they cannot be opened by WinZip or the default zip utility provided by Windows XP and Windows Vista.
What is a RAR File?
RAR is the native format of WinRAR archiver. Like other archives, RAR files are data containers, they store one or several files in the compressed form. After you downloaded RAR file from Internet, you need to unpack its contents in order to use it.
Opening / Viewing .rar Files
In order to open .rar files you will have to download WinRar which holds the proprietary rights to the format. WinRar though is a paid and you will have to buy a license from them after the trial period expires.
7-Zip on the other hand is a free file archiver, which also supports the .rar format, 7-zip is also a open source software which we had earlier included in the 35+ amazing and free softwares.
Many of our readers have complained over time that we have not been covering Opera, and like always we do listen to you, in the previous Opera tip we had covered how you can get a StumbleUpon toolbar for Opera.
In this tip we will talk about a usability experience which irks many users (including us) where Opera always opens a tab in the foreground, where Opera .
One of our readers send us a query asking us how to open a PDF File, though this is a pretty straightforward question, we are sure many people may not be aware about it. PDF or Portable Document Format is a document format that was created by Adobe in 1993 for document exchange.
Yahoo Messenger is one of the most user IM clients in the world, and many users use it for to IM at work, IM with friends and family and more. Yahoo messenger has several shortcut keys, using which you can buzz a person, add emoticon/smileys to your messages and more.
Related: Yahoo Messenger,Shortcut Keys,tips and tricks,YM shortcut keys,YM emoticons shortcuts,Yahoo emoticons shortcuts,yahoo buzz shortcuts