Tasker is one of the most powerful automation tool available for Android devices. It is one of the few apps that truly harnesses the open nature of Android. While the app may have a steep learning curve, it has unlimited potential – With Tasker, the limit is your imagination.
On the flip side, Tasker is undoubtedly one of the ugliest looking app available in the Play Store. The app has been frequently cited as an example among Android haters and bashers for its horrendous UI and how ugly Android apps can be. Tasker was even featured on one of the episodes of Android Design In Action, where Roman and other Googlers showed off re-design of the app with the Holo theme.
The good news is that the Tasker developer finally started working on a UI revamp of the app sometime ago, and has released an early beta of the app for all to try. The developer of the app has definitely incorporated all the UI tweaks that the Googlers suggested to him in the video. Below are a couple of screenshots which show the revamped UI of the app -:
Along with the UI revamp, the developer has also removed all the deprecated APIs from the app. The new version of the app is only meant for Android 4.0 or higher running devices.
The beta version of Tasker with the revamped UI can be found here. The full change-log for the upcoming Play Store update and changes between betas can be found here.
Via – Reddit
Madfinger recently released its latest zombie-killing, action-filled game – Dead Trigger – on iOS and Android. Today, Madfinger announced that it will be soon rolling out an update for the Android version of the game that will be adding four new weapons, more gadgets new environments and the ability to save the game data on the cloud across platforms.
Below is the full change-log of the update -:
The new update brings more fun, more blood, more gadgets. From now on players can:
* experience personally four new savage weapons (including two melees): Chain Saw, Lewis Heavy Machine Gun, Marine Engine with sharp-edged blades and Repeating rifle, a classic of the American West
* enjoy the new funny and handy gadget — the Head-Flator X100 enables to inflate the heads of zombies to XXL size and… Headshot!
* meet new zombie creatures — mutated mobsters or armoured SWAT members
* explore new fantastic environments — underground car park or secret research base institute
* try out new gadgets or get more money – reveal deadly survival arena, that is tailor-made for massacre of hordes of zombies
* visit Casino and try your luck with a slot machine
* and finally safe game data with cross platform cloud backup
This huge update brings Dead Trigger also to Adreno 205, including Sony Xperia Play!
If you have not already played Dead Trigger, I’d highly recommend you to go and play it now. It is easily one of the best games to hit the Play Store.
In addition to Dead Trigger, another popular Android app – Tasker – got updated to v1.3. The new version finally drops the “Beta” tag, and also includes some bug-fixes and under-the-hood tweaks. The new version also brings support for Tasker App Factory, that allows Tasker users to create their own apps using Tasker’s functions.