PageBoss is an easy to use web application that allows you to analyze any website quickly. The analysis is performed over a number of areas and starts with providing owner information, loading time, domain creation and expiration date and the IP address of the server.
Next comes the search engine analysis that includes page rank information, number of pages indexed, backlinks, blog and directory submissions e.t.c. PageBoss also analyzes the website for activity on social media and social bookmarking sites including Twitter, Digg, StumbleUpon, Delicious and Friendfeed. Moreover, details from Alexa, DMOZ, W3C Validator and the WayBackMachine are also included to help understand how the website has performed historically.
- Analyze websites quickly.
- See how the website is doing on Social media.
- Check how Google and Yahoo! rank the website.
- Check website performance over Alexa, Quantcast and Technorati.
- Available in multiple languages.
You have done a lot of SEO work for your website and now you want to know where it stands in search engine ranking. Or may be you want to see exactly how you compare to competitors in Google, Bing and Yahoo! InstantRankmeter is a super easy web tool to do that. InstantRankmeter simply asks you for your website, couple of your competitors and up to 3 keywords. Their powerful script then creates visual graphs to help you understand how you rank against your competitors.
Here is an example where I tried to compare three major tech blogs, Lifehacker, Techcrunch and EnGadgadet using the keywords Firefox and iPhone:
The first set of charts represents the position of the websites in search engines.
The second set provides you with a visibility score matrix.
The third set shows you actual search engine results based on your keywords.
Google Chrome still does not have the ability to add a toolbar like Google Toolbar and any other one’s in fact, there are many people who use several toolbars to track SEO information like Page Rank and more.
The Distilled blog has come up with a list of interesting and useful bookmarks related to SEO for Google Chrome, that will help you perform several tasks like check page rank (which is a exclusive Techie Buzz tool), count number of links and so on.
The Google Chrome SEO Buttons Include
- Count Links: displays the number of links on the current page (showing internal and external)
- NoFollow Highlighter: adds a light red background to any NoFollow-ed links on the current page
- Google Site: search: shows all indexed pages from this site
- Google’s Cached Version: shows the cached version of the current page
- Google PageRank: pops up a window showing the current page’s PageRank
- SEO Playground Tool: opens a useful information pane by Dave Naylor
- Y! Link Report for this Page: shows the Yahoo! SiteExplorer links for the current page
- Y! Link Report for this Subdomain: as above, but for the whole site
- WolframAlpha stats about this Page: may show some useful info about the current page
- Twitter Mentions of this Site: uses BackTweets to show recent mentions of the site on Twitter
- Blog Mentions of this Site: uses SocialMention to show recent mentions of the site on blogs
- Other Sites at this IP: data from My IP Neighbors
- Edit Page Text: allows you to edit the text on any page
- SEOMoz Pro Tools: this folder allows easy access to useful tools for SEOMoz’s Pro Members
Head over to the Google Chrome Plugins for SEO to download and install these bookmarks and bookmarklets for Google Chrome.
I love using Windows Live Writer and don’t use the WordPress admin dashboard to write posts, however I also make use of the All In One SEO Pack plugin, which allows users to tweak the title of a post, and add keywords and description to it.
However WLW does not have options to add additional fields to the post, so I have to manually go in and edit the posts when I want to customize the title or keywords for SEO optimization once I have published the post.
Continue reading All In One SEO Pack Bridge for WLW Plugin Release
Backlinks are incoming links to a website or web page. In the search engine optimization (SEO) world, the number of backlinks is one indication of the popularity or importance of that website or page (though other measures, such as PageRank, are likely to be more important). Outside of SEO, the backlinks of a webpage may be of significant personal, cultural or semantic interest: they indicate who is paying attention to that page. Wikipedia
Backlinks are usually used to determine the popularity of a website, with regards to how many other websites are linking to you.
Continue reading Backlink Checker
If you don’t know Matt Cutts then you are probably unaware of SEO or for that matter Google, that said if you are looking to boost your search engine rankings here is a video Matt Cutts did with Jefferson Graham from USA Today which talks about Matt Cutts,SEO,Optimize websites