Nokia recently released the much-awaited Symbian Anna update for the Nokia N8, Nokia C7, Nokia C6-01 and Nokia E7 smartphones. This update is currently available only in 15 countries, including India. The Symbian Anna update is available via Over-The-Air (OTA). You can also download the update using the latest version of Ovi Suite (version 3.1.1). But, if you don’t have a computer or an active internet connection, then you can just head over to your nearest Nokia Care Center or Nokia Priority Partner and get the Symbian Anna update for free.
Nokia’s Symbian smartphones are used by millions of people around the world every day, addressing specific consumer needs and providing choices at many price points,said Ilari Nurmi, Vice President at Nokia. India. Symbian Anna represents a significant update to the experience those users have and demonstrates our ongoing commitment to Symbian, which will see up to 10 more phones introduced over the next 12 months, further updates to the user experience and support for the software until at least 2016.
Symbian Anna key features:
- Virtual portrait QWERTY for fast, one handed typing
- Split screen view while typing; so you can see message threads, webpages, contacts or email
- An easier to use and faster browser, delivering quicker page loads and improved navigation
- Refreshed Nokia Maps including simpler search, new public transportation routes and the ability to check-in to Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare or local social networks
- A feature to share your location via email and SMS (even to non-Nokia phones)
Features for business users:
- Instant messaging and presence with Microsoft Communicator Mobile
- E-mail enhancements including full meeting request support
- True business grade security with hardware accelerated encryption
- Easy and secure intranet access for business users who want to access their company intranet
Nokia India finally offered something useful for the Nokia smartphone users. We hope that, the Symbian Belle update will also be available for free in the coming months at the nearest Nokia Care Center and Nokia Priority Partner. To learn more about this update and get the complete list of countries, head over to this page.