We all admire our music collection and arrange them carefully, however no matter how much we try, there may be duplicate copies of the same music in our collection.
Now we do have a choice of painfully sorting through each and every music file to find duplicates and then delete them, or then we could just use a tool to do the hard work for us.
If you decided to use a tool, Similarity is one we would suggest you to find & delete duplicate music and mp3 files. Similarity is a useful program that helps you to find and remove similar, duplicate musical files (MP3, WMA, OGG, ASF, WAV, FLAC, APE, WV) with the same or similar sound content, music tags (ID3,WMF,Vorbis).
You can adjust sensitivity of searching criteria to find exact or similar files. In this way it is possible to identify similarly titles with smaller differences. Duplicate files can be deleted or browsed.
- Three powerful comparing algorithms (content based, tags based and experimental).
- Support lossy formats: MP3, MP2, OGG, WMA, ASF.
- Support lossless formats: FLAC, APE, WF, WMA.
- Support ID3v1, ID3v2, ASF, WMA, Vorbis tags.
- Find files with same sound content (not byte to byte comparison, using sound analyzing).
- Tag editor (support MP3,WMA).
- Tag/file renaming tool.
- Very fast sound content scanning.
- Works with removable media devices like USB, etc.
- Search local PC and over network.
- Find duplicate from a selected set of folders.
- Show files tags and properties.
- Results can be exported to playlist.
Download Similarity [via Madhur Kapoor’s Blog]