Last month, Motorola announced that the Verizon’s original Droid Razr and Droid Razr Maxx is scheduled to receive the Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) update by the end of this quarter. However, the manufacturer has started rolling out much sooner than expected. These handsets were originally shipped with the old Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) OS, which was later updated to the Android 4.0 in mid-2012.
Motorola is currently rolling out this update in batches. It might take some days for the update to reach your smartphone. The latest update is numbered 98.72.16.XT912 and it brings smart keyboard, Google Now, improved voice search, enhanced notifications, improved voice and data connectivity and much more. Check out the complete changelog below.
User Experience Updates:
- Improved connectivity when roaming on GSM network.
- “My Files”, “My Gallery” and “My Music” have been replaced with “Files”, “Gallery” and “Play Music”.
- In Help Center, user will see a video for setting up Google Play Store instead of the Android Market.
- Improved reliability and accuracy of voicemail indicator.
- Improved reliability with the Email and Calendar Sync.
- User is able to use contact groups for sending a message.
- User is able to delete email accounts from device.
- Sling and MOG application preloads have been removed.
- Improved connectivity and reliability with 4G LTE.
- User’s phone will sync Back Up Assistant content at scheduled time.
This update will be available via OTA (Over-The-Air). You should make sure that your device is not rooted and has at least 50% or more battery before updating the device. It is advised to backup all your data before updating the Droid Razr and Droid Razr Maxx smartphones. To learn more, head over to this page.
Motorola Droid Razr and Droid Razr Maxx was launched exclusively for the Verizon subscribers in the US. Both the handsets were shipped with the old Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) OS. Verizon and Motorola has already promised the Android 4.0 ICS update for these smartphones. Now, after waiting for months, Verizon Wireless finally rolled out the much awaited Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) update for the powerful Motorola Droid Razr and Droid Razr Maxx smartphones.
The Android 4.0 update will be rolled out in batches. It might take some days for the update to be available on your smartphone. The latest update comes with a new home screen which includes a customizable launch bar, enhanced notifications window, direct access lock screen, data usage monitor, recent apps feature, improved settings and much more. Check out the complete changelog below.
- Device is enabled for Global Roaming. Now take advantage of voice and data services in over 220 countries worldwide.
- New versions of the following applications have been added:
- Backup Assistant Plus
- Newer versions of Google Mobile Services Applications with Enhanced Features
- Video Calling Portal
- Verizon Apps Store
- Faster Browser, Enhanced experience with Visual Tabs and ability to view desktop version of web sites.
Stability and Performance Improvements:
- Improved Bluetooth Audio Quality while listening to Music
- Improvements to the Mobile Hotspot performance.
- Enhanced Email Experience with quick response options, improved auto correction & search options
- Reorganized and easier to navigate settings menu, including toggles for airplane mode, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth.
The latest update is numbered 6.16.211.XT912 and it bumps the Droid Razr and Droid Razr Maxx to Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) OS. This update will be available via OTA (Over-The-Air). You should make sure that your device is not rooted and has at least 50% or more battery before updating the device. It is advised to backup all you data before updating the Droid Razr and Droid Razr Maxx smartphones. To learn more, head over to this page.
Motorola Droid Razr is the company’s thinnest Android powered smartphone with just 7.1mm thickness. This handset was launched last month, exclusively for the Verizon Wireless subscribers in the US. Within a month of its launch, Verizon has already announced a new software update for the popular Motorola Droid Razr smartphone.
The latest update is numbered 6.11.747.XT912 and it comes with improved camera features, improved stability, improvement in 3G/4G data connectivity, etc. Check out the complete changelog after the break.
- SIM error notification has been fixed
- Improved camera features and quality
- Improved stability of menu access, browser, phone dialer, video playback and music player to prevent force-close errors and lockups
Email, Messaging and Data:
- Updated group message notification in e-mail
- Improvement in 3G/4G data connectivity
- Maintain network connection upon completion of a voiec call
Applications and Widgets:
- Background color has been adjusted to improve readability in Lapdock connection UI menu items.
The size of the update is just 57 MB. The latest update can be easily downloaded via OTA (Over-The-Air). It will take you approximately 20 to 30 minutes to download the software. If you still haven’t received the update, go to settings and check for the update. To learn more, head over to this page or check out this PDF file.