Some of the popular Android apps such as Dropbox, Flickr, Google Goggles, Friendcaster and Facebook were recently updated. Dropbox, Flickr and Google Goggles received pretty major updates, while Frindcaster and Facebook for Android got minor updates. Check out the complete changelog below.
Dropbox for Android:
Dropbox for Android was updated to version 2.1.10 and it brings video thumbnail support, UI improvements for the Android 4.1 Jelly powered Nexus 7 tablet along with bugs fixes and performance improvements.
- Video thumbnails
- UI improvements for Nexus 7 tablets
- Open Dropbox files directly from other apps
- Performance improvements and bug fixes
[ Download Dropbox from Google Play ]
Flickr for Android:
The latest version of Flickr for Android app is numbered 1.5.0 and it comes with a brand new user interface. It allows you to choose the camera for taking pictures and then apply filters. It comes with the tab bar similar to the iOS with individual notification, profile, photo, upload and explore tabs. The new Flickr app now allows you to edit the details on your existing photos. They have also included some important features such as pull to refresh, swipe between photos and improved search.
- Explore the most interesting photos around the world
- Edit details on your existing photos
- Choose any camera installed on your device to take a photo
- Improved Search
- See HTML content in comments and descriptions
- Pull down to refresh content on a screen
- Bug fixes
[ Download Flickr from Google Play ]
Google Goggles for Android:
Google Goggles for Android has now reached version 1.9. The latest version allows you to search from camera even when the search history is disabled. It also support non-autofocus camera. Google Goggles now check the URL against a malicious URL blacklist and comes with a faster object tracking in continuous mode.
- Search-from-camera no longer requires search history to be enabled.
- Faster, more robust object tracking in “continuous” mode
- When scanning a QR code that has a URL encoded:
- The thumbnail of a page is shown
- URL is checked against a malicious URL blacklist
- More complete barcode coverage
- Support for non-autofocus cameras
- When Goggles fails to find an exact match – search for products that look similar.
[ Download Google Goggles from Google Play ]
Friendcaster for Android:
The latest version of Friendcaster fixes login issues along with widget button UI and white menu icon on white background. Android devices running on the latest Jelly Bean OS were facing issues related to account sync, which has been fixed in this update. The size of the update is 4 MB and the version is bumped to 18.104.22.168.
- Fixes login issues
- Jelly Bean account sync fix
- Bug fixes for notifications
- Widget button UI fix
- Fix for menu icons being white on white background
- Other miscellaneous fixes
[ Download Friendcaster from Google Play ]
Facebook for Android:
Facebook for Android has received a pretty minor update. Now, you can add photos as well as emoji to messages right from your Android smartphone. The latest version is numbered 1.9.8 and it brings the new option to create events from your Android device. It also comes with the new upload flow, which will allow you to share photos with a few seconds.
- Easily create events
- Share photos faster with a new upload flow
- Add photos and emoji to messages
[ Download Facebook For Android from Google Play ]