Last week, Verizon announced the availability of the much-awaited Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) update for the Droid Razr HD and Droid Razr Maxx HD smartphones. These devices were originally launched with the Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) Operating System. Today, the wireless carrier finally started rolling out this update for both Droid Razr HD and Razr Maxx HD smartphones.
The latest update is numbered 9.1.41.XT926 and it brings smart keyboard, Google Now, improved voice search, enhanced notifications, improved voice and data connectivity and much more. Check out the complete changelog after the break.
- Move between Home screens with more intuitive graphics and smooth transitions.
- Enjoy more reactive and uniform touch responses.
- Improved voice and data connectivity.
- Native calendar settings have been improved for a better user experience.
- Improved reliability and connectivity of Back Up Assistant Plus & Visual Voicemail.
- Time stamp shown in outgoing multimedia has been corrected.
- Video calling portal and Accessories Application has been preloaded.
- Verizon Video has been removed.
- Color Application has been removed.
- Fully integrated Amazon app suite has been preloaded (includes Kindle, Amazon MP3, IMDb, Audible, and Zappos).
You will be automatically notified once the update is available for your device. If you have not yet received the update, then just go to Settings > About Device > System updates and check for the update. To learn more, head over to this page.