The Cyber-shot TX55 is the world’s thinnest camera in its class (among cameras with an optical anti-shake function). It redefines what a compact camera can do. In addition to the newly developed, ultra-thin chassis design, the camera features an incredible combination of features and performance, putting more creativity at users’ fingertips than ever before.
The new cyber-shot comes with Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessa lens that is paired with a 16.2 megapixel Exmor R CMOS sensor. The camera’s 5x optical zoom is further improvised by the company’s ‘By Pixel Super Resolution’ process. With the touch of the shutter button, the Dual Rec takes 12MP still images without disturbing the full HD video shooting.
The camera has been equipped with a 3.3-inch Xtra Fine OLED wide touchscreen and displays seven picture effect options. It’s Superior Automode lets the camera handle a number of shooting situations without any user adjustment, and the camera’s intelligent panorama tools enable users to grab panorama shots up to 42.9 megapixels.
The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX55 hosts another impressive feature which is the 3D Still Image mode. The feature lets you snap two images with a single shutter speed, and enabling users to view 3D images without a stereoscopic lens. This tool can also be used to capture 3D panoramas and sweep multi-angle shots.
Sony Cybershot TX55 Complete Features:
- DSLR-like picture quality
- 16.2 Megapixels Exmor R CMOS sensor
- 5x optical zoom and up to 10x with Pixel Super Resolution feature
- Ultra-thin chassis design (12.2 mm)
- 3D Still Image captures with 3D Sweep Panorama mode and Sweep Multi Angle
- Full HD AVCHD video recording
- 3.3inch Xtra Fine OLED wide touch-screen Monitor
- Seven picture effect options includes HDR Painting, Rich-tone Monochrome, Miniature, Toy Camera, Partial Color, Pop Color and Soft High-key.
- SteadyShot image stabilization for Full HD video shooting
- Electronic image stabilization for vertical and horizontal handshake correction
- Intelligent Sweep Panorama mode
- Supports Memory Stick Micro, microSD/SDHC cards for up to 16 GB of removable storage.
The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX55 will be made available in September 2011, and attaches a price tag of $350. (India Price: Approx. 20,000 ~ 25,000/- INR). It can be purchased from Sony stores, sonystyle.com and other authorized retailers throughout the Sony Dealer Network.