Remember the Archos G9 Ice Cream Sandwich update? Well, apparently the update while adding many new features and enhancements, also introduced some new bugs. Post the update, Archos G9 users faced Wi-Fi connection issues on their tablet, with the tablet refusing to connect to any Wi-Fi network or disconnecting frequently.
There were other issues as well, like the HDMI output not working properly, VPN connection failing and the touch screen not responding to multi-touches properly. The battery life of the tablet was also affected, because of the device not going into suspend mode properly once Bluetooth was enabled. Thankfully, Archos has been quick to react to the complaints of its users, and has released a new firmware update for its tablets that fixes the above issues. Below is the full change-log of the update -:
- Wi-Fi: fix slow throughput and disconnections happening on some access points
- HDMI: solve no sound or no video output issue on some TVs
- Bluetooth: make sure Bluetooth does not prevent device suspend
- VPN: fix VPN connection failing
- Touchscreen: avoid loss of first finger touch while tapping with second finger