2009 is over and I decided to take a look at the stats to figure out on some trends. Most of the trends are based on the Google Analytics stats I have and is based on stats from January 2009 to December 2009.
Summary of the Stats for 2009
- Approx 9 million page views were recorded for the year, most of it coming in the last quarter of 2009, we did ~million views in December 2009 and will possibly hit 2-3 million views per month by February or March 2010.
- 43% of users visiting Techie Buzz used Firefox, 34% used Internet Explorer, 12% used Google Chrome, 4% used Safari and 3.5% used Opera.
- Approx 4 million unique users visited the site using Firefox. Most of the users visiting the site had Firefox 3.0 or better browsers.
- Internet Explorer 7.0 and IE8 were the top browsers for IE.
- Windows dominated the OS segment followed by Mac, Linux, iPhone, Symbian OS and Android.
- Most of our visitors come from United States followed by India, United Kingdom, Canada and Australia.
Other Interesting Stats
- Our servers had a uptime of 99.8% thanks to some heavy tweaking from me, we will be moving to more powerful servers in near future.
- We used by 3.5TB of bandwidth for the whole year.
- We did two re-designs for the site this year.
- We now have more than 25 authors writing for the site.
- We have ~9000 combined regular readers and more than 2000 fans.
What You Can Expect to See in 2010
- More high quality news and views from us. More breaking news, and software reviews, deals, mobile news.
- More hands-on reviews. We are in talks with device manufacturers, so expect to see some really good reviews coming through.
- More participation in Tech events and better reporting.
- A much more faster and cleaner interface for users.
- More giveaways. We are in talks with some of the leading software publishing companies, so you can expect more freebies exclusively from Techie Buzz on a regular basis.
- Nothing but the best.
2009 has been a great year, and we have succeeded in building a good team. 2010 should see the best we can give to you in form of news, views and reviews.
Thank you for all your support, and here is looking forward to a great 2010.