Along with the Nexus 6 smartphone, Google has also launched the Nexus 9 tablet. This device is manufactured by HTC and it packs an 8.9 inch display, 64-bit NVIDIA Tegra K1 processor, 8 megapixel rear camera and so on. It runs on the latest Android 5.0 (Lollipop) Operating System. This device will be available in 16 GB and 32 GB variant. The dual front-facing speaker on this tablet is powered by the HTC’s Boomsound technology.
The Google Nexus 9 tablet will be up for pre-order from October 17th, however the device will go on sale from November 3rd. It comes with a price-tag of $400 for the 16GB model, $480 for 32GB model and $600 for 32 GB with LTE model. Apart from Play Store, you can also buy this tablet from Amazon, Best Buy, Gamestop, Office Depot, Office Max, Radio Shack, Staples and Walmart.
Nexus 9 will be available in black, white and sand colors. Nexus 9 users can additionally buy the Keyboard Folio which attaches to the device with magnets, pairs by NFC and supports two typing angles.
Google Nexus 9 Specifications:
- 8.9 inch IPS display
- 2048 x 1536 pixels resolution
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop) OS
- 2.3 GHz NVIDIA Tegra K1 – 64 bit processor
- Kepler 192-core GPU
- 8 megapixel rear camera with auto-focus and LED flash
- 1.6 megapixel front-facing camera
- Front-facing stereo speakers
- HTC BoomSound technology
- 16 GB /32 GB internal memory
- 2 GB RAM
- GNSS support for GPS
- Bosch gyroscope and accelerometer
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Up to 9.5 hours of Wi-Fi browsing time
- Up to 8.5 hours of LTE browsing time
- 6700 mAh battery