Windows services are processes that run in the background, many of these are set to start with Windows and take care of various system operations.
As a novice user, you seldom require to deal with services and with tools that allow you to manage startup items you can also manage which services should start with Windows.
Also Read: Best Windows Task Manager Alternatives
However as a advanced user you would want to have more control over how these services are run and also control other aspects of Windows Services.
With service manager plus you have;
- Complete control over the service configuration.
- Improved service recovery configuration.
- Ability to review the events from the event log that are related to a given events.
- Smarter service restarts.
- Ability to display & edit kernel drivers/services.
If you are looking to optimize windows services, you may also want to check out Vista services optimizer.