SoftMaker Office is an Office suite and a cheap and excellent alternative to the popular MS Office suite of applications. It is available for many platforms and has most of the functionality provided by MS Office.
SoftMaker Office 2010 is available for a free public beta testing for Linux users. The Office suite matches Microsoft Office in functionality and is and the best alternative to MS Office on the Windows platform and to OpenOffice.org on Linux. The version 2010 brings many new features to SoftMaker Office.
SoftMaker Office is compatible with the Office 2010 from Microsoft. The features offered by SoftMaker Office 2010 are:
- Full read/write compatibility with Office 2010 .docx files with password protection.
- Import/export password protected Excel sheets from Microsoft Excel 2010.
- Presentation quality charts with PlanMaker.
- Common formatting tasks provided through a sidebar, making the application fast and efficient to use.
- License for 3 PCs for both the home and business edition.
- Tabbed interface to switch between open documents.
Not only this, all those who bought SoftMaker Office 2008 will receive a free upgrade to the version 2010 once it is released. SoftMaker Office is available for Windows, Linux, Windows Mobile and Windows CE.
The Office Suite is priced at â‚¬ 69.95, if you want to buy it. For download related information, visit the official website.