Forgot to mention subject in mail???
Forgot to mention subject while writing an Official Mail and feel bad later? Yesâ€¦. It’s a concern for allâ€¦. A mail without a subject brings a bad impression on us.
To avoid this, just follow the simple steps mentioned below and see the result.
Here are the steps: –
1. Open your Outlook,
2. Press Alt+F11. This opens the Visual Basic Editor and then Press Ctrl+R which in turn open Project-Project 1 (left side)
3. On the Left Pane, one can see “Microsoft Outlook Objects” or “Project1“, expand this. Now one can see the “ThisOutLookSession“.
4. Double click on “ThisOutLookSession“. It will open up a Code Pane on the right hand side.
5. Copy and Paste the following code in the right pane (Code Pane) and save it
Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item As Object, Cancel As Boolean)
Dim strSubject As String
strSubject = Item.Subject
If Len(Trim(strSubject)) = 0 Then
Prompt$ = “Subject is Empty. Are you sure you want to send the Mail?”
If MsgBox(Prompt$, vbYesNo + vbQuestion + vbMsgBoxSetForeground, “Check for Subject”) = vbNo Then
Cancel = True
6. Now whenever u try to send a mail without subject, a pop-up is raised to remind you of the blank subject.
Winmend File Copy is a simple free application for Windows which can improve the copy functionality. The utility’s unique key technique makes up for the inadequacy of the system`s default copy functionality and increases the speed of file copy to be 3 times of the system default. This can be used for file and folder copy.
Apart from this, the utility also has resume support for copy which means you can resume the interrupted replication. This utility is especially useful when you are copying very large files from one drive to another.
Features of File Copy;
- Can copy large files and folders very quickly around 300% faster
- If copying is interrupted for various reasons such as system crash, it can be resumed from the last which is a very useful feature
- You can copy files in one of the three modes: "Skip files of the same name", "Match and overwrite files of the same name" and "Overwrite files of the same name"
- If any error occurred during copy, it displays the error.
This is a Birthday Bash post written by Nirmal from Life Rocks 2.0 where he writes about the latest freeware, tips and tricks and more. You can follow all of Nirmal’s writing by subscribing to his RSS feeds.
Yahoo Mail has been adding a lot of features these days, after all it has to compete with Gmail which has really revolutionized the way we look at emails. Not to be left behind, Yahoo has launched applications support in Yahoo mail.
We had covered the beta launch of Yahoo Mail Applications, however Yahoo has now made those applications are free and available to general US population, with plans to roll the features out to other countries soon.
Continue reading Yahoo Mail Adds Applications Support
I recently wrote an article on how To Enable / Disable USB Removable Mass Storage Device Pen Drive Access in Windows. In the article, I pointed the registry changes that need to go, in order for you to be able to enable or disable a pen drive / removable mass storage device.
Also, for those who are not comfortable editing registry files, there were respective registry (.reg) files uploaded.
But with InteliAdmin’s USB Drive disabler, the whole process of handling registry editors is out of scope. You can download USB Drive Disabler, a free software from IntelliAdmin, that will help you disable or Enable USB drives. Internally, this software runs a process which will make changes to your registry file. No human intervention required.
This tool works on Windows server 2000, 2003, 2008, Windows XP and Vista. If you have Windows Vista, remember the extra (unwanted according to me) protection they’ve put in – you’ll have to run the program as an administrator.
Select if you want to Disable or Enable USB drives and then apply the settings. Changes will be made to the registry keys accordingly and will be effective immediately.
This will Disable or Enable only USB storage, and not the USB port itself, so you’ll still be able to use other USB devices like USB mouse, web cam, printers, scanners and such.
[ Download USB Disabler ]
Looking for a perfect domain can be a studious task. Anxiety levels go high when you have to wait to see if your selected domain is still available. DomainTyper helps keep your anxiety low as it checks for domain availability on the go, as you type it.
DomainTyper makes searching for domains a little more easy as it pours down the results as you type, so there’s no button to press and no page refresh required. Apart from the default (.com .net & .org) domain extensions, you can add any number of extensions from the Add Extension dropdown. The extensions are arranged by country name so searching for your preferred one won’t be a problem.
There’s a Web 2.0 domain generator on the left which comes into use if you are not able to think of a domain. You can also have a look at some domain hacks on the spot (not in picture) as you search through domains on the site.
DomainTyper gives a tough competition to AjaxWhois, which has been there for quite some time. Both of them have a similar functionality although DomainTyper whelms Ajaxwhois when it comes to the variety of features. There’s also an iPhone app (free) for DomainTyper which will let you search for domains on the go.
Imagine these situations…
- You run a small business spread over multiple locations and want to have a secured encrypted network to quickly share your data without spending a dime,
- You are member of a close group of friends spread over different physical locations, and want to share your favorite files, photos, songs in absolutely safe and secured network,
- You are a busy sales executive, always on the move and want to quickly access your office computer from different locations,
What is the best application, which comes to your mind. There may be a few solutions, but Comodo, the famous security vendor, has released an absolutely FREE and very simple-to-use applications, with which you can easily set up your VPN, with just a few clicks and without spending a dime.
Comodo EasyVPN allows businesses and home users to quickly group multiple computers into a secure, peer to peer, network over the Internet. EasyVPN requires no expert configuration, is fast and easy to set up and uses 128 bit encryption to recreate a cabled local area network over the Internet.
The software is available in 32-bit and 64-bit versions depending upon your OS. An important part of the software is the integration of a secured IM client, which allows you to chat and transfer of digital data via PC-to-PC without worrying anything about security.
The Features Include:
- A secure instant messenger client allowing you to chat and send/receive confidential files over an encrypted communications channe.
- Allows ‘remote desktop’ control over the computers.
- Uses industry standard technologies and protocols so no additional software or hardware reconfiguration is necessary.
- Absolutely FREE.
- Remote File and Printer Sharing allowing you to exchange files and folders and even print to your local printer from any remote location.
- Zero Touch Configuration – EasyVPN lives up to it name and can be setup in minutes even by a novice. It assigns an EasyVPN IP address to each VPN, which can be used to add or delete more nodes to your VPN.
- Scalable, Flexible, Secure – EasyVPN networks can be as large or small as you need.
Download Comodo EasyVPN
[This is a guest post by Silki Garg. She advises on online security and malware detection, on her Internet Security Blog. A visit to her Blog is highly recommended. You’re sure to find something of interest.]
We have told you about tools to change Microsoft Office Keys, Windows Vista Keys, recover keys from Windows XP Installation CDs and more in the past, however here is another way to recover your Windows Vista and Office CD/Product Keys.
Keeping license keys safe and secure is often necessary since you may have to use it again when you reinstall the software or operating systems.
Continue reading Recover Windows Vista CD/Product Key
There have been several ways to access Google calendar from your desktop, we have told you how you can sync Google Calendar events with Outlook and use a Google Desktop gadget for accessing Google Calendar on the desktop.
However we just came across another interesting option to access Google Calendar from the desktop, the Google Calendar client for Windows is a new Freeware software, that will allow you to access Google Calendar from the desktop.
Continue reading Access Google Calendar From Desktops
Quite sometime back Gmail Labs had introduced a new feature called as Sender Time Zone, which allowed users to view the timezone of the email sender, a similar add-in is also available for Microsoft Outlook.
After you have installed the Sender’s Time Zone add-in for Outlook, you will see the timezone of the sender in a information tab in the email, this will allow you to the time difference between your location and the location of the sender.
Continue reading View Sender’s Time Zone In Outlook
In the past we have told you about several Copy Paste replacements for Windows which work much better than the default copy paste in Windows, some of the tools we talked about, also allowed you to add multiple entries to the windows clipboard.
However most of the softwares for multiple clipboards required that you use a different shortcut key while pasting contents from the clipboard.
Continue reading CopyPasteTool Is a Dead Simple Clipboard Manager