Most of the video sites store videos in FLV formats, though you can easily download video files from sites like YouTube, but not many would want to store the videos in the same format.
Free FLV to AVI Converter is an absolutely free application that converts Flash Video files (FLV, SWF) into AVI or MPG (MPEG-1, MPEG-2).
To convert FLV videos to AVI or MPG, simply drag and drop the FLV files into the converter and click on the convert button. You can customize the video and audio outputs by changing the encoding parameters.
Free FLV to AVI/MPG Converter Features
- Conversion FLV and SWF to AVI or MPG.
- Supported video codecs: XviD, DivX 3, H.264, WMV, MPEG4-FFmpeg, S-Mpeg 4 v. 2, Motion JPEG (MJPEG), HuffYUV.
- Supported audio codecs: Lame (MP3), MP2, AC3, AAC, WMA, PCM 16-bit.
- Generating video files compatible with the MPEG-1 (VCD) / MPEG-2 (DVD) standard.
- Decoding the most important audio and video codecs used in FLV files: Flash/Sorenson, H.264, MPEG-1 Layer 3 (MP3), MPEG-2.5 Layer 3, ADPCM, AAC etc.
- 2-pass encoding which will improve the video quality.
- Portability. This program doesn’t use system registry and can be run from portable devices. All settings are written to INI file.
The application does not require any installations and is 100% free with no limitations or watermarks on the output videos.