Wget is a very popular tools used for retrieving files using HTTP, HTTPS and FTP on Linux based systems, it does not have a GUI and can be used from the command line to download the files through cron jobs or shell scripts.
WinWGet is a GUI (Graphical User Interface) for Wget. It will keep track of your downloads – add, clone, edit, delete jobs.
- Threaded jobs
- Monitor Clipboard for URL’s (or new URLs only)
- Resume for downloads
- Firefox Integration
- Firefox integration through Launchy
- View Downloaded File information in HTML format.
- Use different user agents to download files.
- Support for ASP/PHP redirection and http authentication
- Multiple FTP files and folders download, support wildcard characters for file downloads.