We have some very exciting and exclusive news about Digsby, the popular multi-protocol IM client is about to announce a major update later today to the Digsby client, this update will include several enhancements and includes the culmination of three months of development efforts.
The new features that will be rolled out in this new version includes several exciting changes including several performance enhancements and CPU usage reduction by about 50%.
In addition to this you can also lookup and search your buddies in your buddy list as well as on the web.
Another new feature is the ability to set invisible status for GTalk, which is not yet available in the basic GTalk client.
Disgby New Features Overview
- Performance: Performance optimization from the ground up, reducing overall CPU usage by about 50%
- Buddy List Search: Press Ctrl+F to easily search your buddy list or the web
- Emoticons: Added four new emoticon packs to choose from
- File Transfers: Improved the reliability of AIM, ICQ, and MSN file transfers
- Conversations: Added an option for new IM windows to start hidden and blink the tray icon instead of popping up a window
- New Infobox: The infobox now uses the same user interface control as the IM window (WebKit), making it much faster and more versatile
- MySpace: Added support for setting status on MySpace
- Google Talk: Added support for the Invisible status on Gtalk
- And More: Over 100 other bug fixes and enhancements!
Here are some exclusive screen shots of the new application.
More screenshots coming soon.
What do you think of the updates that will be made available later today? You can head over to the Digsby Blog to catch up the announcement later today.