Blender is an open source software for 3D modeling, animation, rendering, post-production, interactive creation and playback. Blender has proven to be an extremely fast and versatile design instrument.
The software has a personal touch, offering a unique approach to the world of Three Dimensions. You can use it to create TV commercials, to make technical visualizations, business graphics, to do some morphing, or design user interfaces. You can easy build and manage complex environments. The renderer is versatile and extremely fast. All basic animation principles are well implemented.
- Revolutionary non-overlapping and non-blocking UI delivers unsurpassed workflow
- Flexible and fully configurable window layout with as many screen setups as you prefer
- Built-in text editor for annotations and editing Python scripts
- Custom themes
- Consistent interface across all platforms
- Fast skeleton creation mode
- Interactive 3D paint for vertex weighting
- Fast envelope based skinning
- Audio playback, mixing and editing support for sound synchronization
- Timeline offers fast acces to many playback functions, autokey, help markers
- Graphical logic editor for defining interactive behavior without programming
- Support all OpenGL lighting modes, including transparencies, Animated and reflection-mapped textures
- Playback of games and interactive 3D content without compiling or preprocessing
- Audio, using the SDL toolkit
- Multi-layering of Scenes for overlay interfaces
- A range of 3D object types including polygon meshes, NURBS surfaces, bezier and B-spline curves, metaballs, vector fonts.
- Smooth soft selection editing tools for organic modeling
- Python scripting access for custom tools
- vSupports float images as well as regular 8 bits images
- Read and write support for many other 2D and 3D formats
- 2D – TGA, JPG, PNG, OpenEXR, DPX, Cineon, Radiance HDR, Iris, SGI Movie, IFF, AVI and Quicktime GIF, TIFF, PSD, MOV (Windows and Mac OS X)
- 3D - 3D Studio, AC3D, COLLADA, FBX Export, DXF, Wavefront OBJ, DEC Object File Format, DirectX, Lightwave, MD2, Motion Capture, Nendo, OpenFlight, PLY, Pro Engineer, Radiosity, Raw Triangle, Softimage, STL, TrueSpace, VideoScape, VRML, VRML97, X3D Extensible 3D, xfig export
Blender is an excellent animation tool. It works on Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Mac OS X (PPC and Intel), Linux (i386), Linux (PPC), FreeBSD 5.4 (i386), SGI Irix 6.5 and Sun Solaris 2.8 (sparc).
[ Download Blender ]