Imagine this situation – you have thousands of files lying around in your computer. You wish to back them up. Unfortunately, copying all the files each time you wish to backup your data is a time consuming and tedious process. The obvious solution is to copy only new and modified files.
CopyChangedFiles is a freeware which will help you do just that. It is a simple utility which compares date-time stamp of the files and copies only the ones which have been modified. Some of its salient features are:
- Copy changed files only
- Multi threaded
- Append current date to destination directory for easy version maintenance
- Set the from date, to scan for files changed after that date
- Compare date and time
- Maintain directory structure in destination directory
- Copy files from sub-folders as well
- Exlcude files from being copied, ex. thumbs.db
CopyChangedFiles lacks any automated comparison option and can’t compare two folders and copy the changed files. However, if you don’t mind manually setting the date and time options, CopyChangedFiles is one of the easiest ways to take incremental backups.