Have trouble working with common Windows problems? Here is TweakMe – a free utility for Windows that brings all the common tweaks and settings under one hood. You can configure common Windows settings, Internet explorer settings, Windows performance, Windows media player settings, user ccounts and so much more.
Here is how the utility looks in WIndows:
Configure Common Windows Settings with TweakMe
Tweakme works with a simple checkbox interface. You select the checkbox for an option and forget the issue. TweakMe will see which settings you have chosen and will automatically apply the changes in Windows. You do not have to move around in the control panel and search the settings yourself.
There are a lot of important tasks that you can easily configure with TweakMe. Some of the most important tweaks are listed below:
- Disable the Windows baloon tips.
- Show hidden devices in Windows device manager.
- Disable auto restart after Windows update.
- Lock the taskbar.
- Disable taskbar context menus.
- Remove tray items from taskbar.
- Clear the temporary internet files when browser is closed.
- Disable update check in Windows media player.
- Disable copy protection for protected Cd’s.
- Disable the desktop cleanup wizard.
Now imagine how difficult it can get if you have to remember the procedures of all these tweaks and apply them yourselves.
TweakMe is an all in one tool to configure the common settings in Windows. The best part is that it is compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7. It requires no installation and it does not save it’s own settings in the registry. Hence you have nothing to lose when something goes wrong. Just start TweakMe again and uncheck all the checkboxes.
Techie-Buzz rating: 4/5 (very good).