Many may argue that web applications are the best and others may say that desktop applications rock. The smartest thing to do is use a fusion of both web and desktop services. Facebook and Twitter are some of the best applications created for the web.
Facebook helps you to network with others and also provides you with some great functionality to easily enhance your experience on the other hand Twitter allows you to easily let others know what you are doing at any time.
On the other hand Outlook is one of the most popular email client for desktops. Getting to use Facebook and Twitter from within Outlook would be an awesome addition. The tools allow you to update you to easily update your status from with outlook.
FBLook – Facebook for Outlook
FBLook or Facebook for Outlook allows you to easily update your Facebook status from within Outlook. It also allows you to set the status to the song you are currently playing on Windows Media Player or iTunes.
- Update your Facebook status directly from Outlook.
- Set your status to the name of the song you’re playing in iTunes or WMP.
- See your friend statuses.
- See notifications of new Friend Requests, Messages, Invites, Pokes, etc..
FBLook will work on Windows Vista and XP using Outlook 2003 or Outlook 2007. The tool does not work in Outlook Express.
OutTwit – Twitter for Outlook
OutTwit is a tool that brings Twitter to your desktop. Using the tool you can easily update your Twitter status and follow your friends from right within outlook.
- Update your Twitter status directly from Outlook.
- Receive your friend updates as Outlook messages.
- Configurable new message check interval.
- Assign custom categories to new messages.
- Shorten URLs with tinyurl.
- Archive, manage and search your tweets the same way you manage your email.