Flock has really made a big mark as a social networking browser and many of the people we spoke over time have told us that the main reason for them moving from Firefox was because of the flexibility Flock provides them with social networking sites.
Though Firefox is not that un(social) and you can easily convert it to a social networking hub by installing add-ons and extensions. Many may argue that it still misses the touch Flock provides them with and quite rightly said. But that was until Yonoo happened. Yonoo is one of the best Firefox extension for social networking.
Yonoo installs itself into the sidebar just like Flock People Bar and allows you to view updates from your friends and comment on them or even update your status on multiple social networking sites.
Yonoo currently supports Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, AIM, GTalk, Yahoo, MSN, YouTube, Google Video, Metacafe and more.
Major Features of Yonoo
What Can You Do With Yonoo?
- Gather all of your social networks in one place including Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, FriendFeed, Youtube, Last.fm, Piczo and Shoutcast.
- Bring together all of your chat networks including AIM, GTalk, MSN, and Yahoo!
- Universally update you profile status.
- Receive live updates from your friends.
- Search and prioritize friends and their updates.
- Instant message and chat with friends in any network.
- Find relevant articles and discover new sites as you browse the web.
- Meet new friends and Yoono users that are interested in the same topics.
- Save and share specific content with your friends.
- Drag and drop photos and videos from any site including YouTube and share live with friends.
- Upload pictures to Flickr via Yoono.
- Create and save a file around photos and videos and share with friends or post to a blog.
Yonoo has just released a stable and public version of the Firefox extension which is also compatible with Firefox 3.
So what are you waiting for go ahead and install this killer extensions and get the most of social networking from Firefox.