Today, Microsoft has released some new Yammer statistics, which shows that the enterprise social network has surpassed 7 million registered users, which at the time of acquisition last year it had only 5 million registered users.
Microsoft also said that the sales for the year 2012 tripled to that of 2011, and highlighted that the fourth quarter sales in 2012 were up by four times than the previous year. Microsoft added that the number of paid registered users on Yammer shot up 165 percent in 2012, and has added nearly 290 new paying customers in the fourth quarter of 2012.
Yammer is one of the best tools for collaboration and widely used for private communication within organizations or a team. Microsoft has announced that it is going to integrate Yammer with Office this summer. That is, Microsoft’s SkyDrive Pro and Office Web Apps technologies will be tightly integrated into Yammer, and will be made available by summer 2013.
Starting next week, Microsoft will be making available Yammer/SharePoint products and services at new price points. Those offerings will be:
- Yammer Basic Standalone: Free
- Yammer Enterprise Standalone: $3 per user/per month
- SharePoint Online (Plan 1) + Yammer Enterprise: $4 per user/per month
- SharePoint Online (Plan 2) + Yammer Enterprise: $8 per user/per month
- Office 365 E Plans 1-4 + Yammer Enterprise: $8 – $24 per user/per month