The current COO of Facebook, Sheryl Sandberg is going to join the Board of Directors at Facebook. After serving as COO for four years, Sandberg is the first woman to join the exclusive elite at the social networking giant. Sandberg has been in charge of hectic business operations and has dealt with a variety of areas ranging from HR, marketing, business development all the way to policy making.
In bringing Sandberg to this elite group, Mark Zuckerberg has been a strong advocate of Sandberg’s move to the top-tier as she has stood along with him through thick and thin. Moreover, Sandberg’s role has been elemental in transporting Facebook to the feat where it stands today, concluded Zuckerberg.
The decision was also backed by the fact that by bringing Sandberg into the exclusive elite would bring diversity to the group. As of now, the Board of Director comprises of the following:
- Mark Zuckerberg, founder and chief executive
- Marc L. Andreessen, Andreessen Horowitz
- Erskine B. Bowles, President Emeritus,University of North Carolina system
- James W. Breyer, Accel Partners
- Donald E. Graham, chairman and CEO, The Washington Post Company
- Reed Hastings, chairman and CEO, Netflix
- Peter A. Thiel, Founders Fund.
Sandberg is going to be number eight in this list. More news will follow soon.
This story was originally shared by TechCrunch.