Facebook is continuing to make every effort to generate revenue off its mobile platform. The social networking giant has now enabled Facebook Page admins to promote posts right from their smartphones without any difficulties.
The new version of Facebook Pages Manager app enables administrators to promote their posts on Facebook directly from the app. Here are some of the features and additional new feature added to the app:
- Post new updates and photos and respond to comments as your Pages
- View and reply to private messages
- Get notifications about new activity on your Pages right away
- View your latest Pages Insights, including check-ins
- Schedule a post to appear later
- Display stories in two columns on iPad
- Promote recent posts to reach a bigger audience*
- Bug fixes and performance updates
Administrators will see a “Promote” link button on the lower-right of each post. Upon clicking it, administrators will have the ability to purchase promoted posts directly in the app, by using the slider to select the desired dollar amount. Admins will also be able to see the statistics on how effective the post has been once the post is promoted. It also shows the overall reach, including the organic, paid, and viral traffic to the post.
Apart from promoting posts to reach a larger audience, the app also enables users to schedule posts to appear later. It also has an enhancement for the iPad, as users can now see stories in two columns. Additionally, the latest update has bug fixes and includes performance updates.
Facebook launched the Pages Manager app back in May in order to help connect businesses with their audience and keep up with activity on multiple Pages. The app enables business brands to post updates, pictures and respond to comments from fans all from their iPhone or iPad. The app is currently available only on iPhone and iPad.