Now that it is Saturday, you might have some time to leisurely read things that you missed over the week, and we know that you might have missed some really good content here to, so here is a weekly recap for the best posts of the week.
- 10 Web OS You Can Load On the Browser – Did you think that the only OS you could use was the one installed on your PC? Well we break that myth, here are 10 web based operating systems you can load from your browsers and work just like your regular OS.
- 7 Online Calculators For Your Financial Needs – Calculations are getting just so complicated and no we are not talking about simple maths, here are some essential services that will help calculate your mortgage, credit card payments, tax withholdings and more.
- Block/Disable Ads In Gmail With A Simple Signature Hack – Annoyed with ads shown in Gmail? Here is a simple trick that will destruct those ads.
- How to Set a Timer for Automatic Shutdown Without Using Any Software – Want to create a shutdown timer for your PC without using any additional software, this post will teach you how to do it.
- Save Yourself From Infected Torrents – Not all the torrents you download online are safe, read this post to know how you can verify torrents.
- Find Your Missing Cellphone By Dialing It Online – Misplaced your cellphone and don’t have another one to dial it, no problem, this online service will dial it for you.
- Customize & Speedup Right Click Context Menu In Windows – Fed up with your clumsy right click context menu in Windows? Read this post on how you can speed it up.
- Create CSS Dropdown Menus Online – Want to create a CSS dropdown menu but don’t have coding skills? This service will make it a piece of cake.
- How To Embed Only A Part Of YouTube Video – Want to embed a video but don’t want to bore users with introductions, using this trick you can take them directly to the action.
- Repair Corrupted Zip Files – Downloaded a corrupted zip file online, don’t delete it yet, this tool will help you repair and recover information from corrupted zip files.
- How To Install Incompatible Addons In Firefox – Your favorite Firefox add-ons stopped working when you upgraded to Firefox 3.5? Use this trick to get them working.
- Boost/Increase P2P and Torrent Download Speeds – Getting slow speeds while download using P2P or torrents? This tool can help you boost your download speed even on a slow connection.
- 4 Unique Tools To Generate Strong Passwords – Passwords are so easy to create yet so easy to get hacked, here are some tools that will let you create some strong passwords.
- How To Uninstall Individual Windows Live Programs? – Windows Live programs cannot be uninstalled that easily, here is a step by step tutorial on how you can uninstall individual programs.
- MultiTouch Linux Has It Too – Linux fans you have multitouch technology too
- How To Install New Brushes In Photoshop? – Want to install new brushes in Photoshop, read this tutorial on how you can do this.
- Modify Your Swapfile For Better Performance – Linux users here is how you can speedup working with your swapfile.
- How to Play Flash Games on Your Sony PSP – PSP users you can also play those entertaining flash games, here is how you can add and play flash games on your PSP.
That’s it for this week, we hope you enjoy the posts and share it with your friends, look forward to another great week ahead.
The long awaited summer is finally arriving here are so are the stats for the month of May 2009, this month was pretty exciting since we started the Birthday Bash to celebrate our 3rd birthday, which by the way is coming up soon :-)
However time to get back to telling the readers how we fared this month and what to expect in June. Here are all the interesting stuff we would want to let our users know from May 2009 :-).
Do let us know your thoughts and views on how we did and how we can further improve, your views are very important to us.
Continue reading Monthly Buzz: May 2009 Roundup
March has come to an end, and it has definitely been a great month, with a healthy growth for Techie Buzz, we want to thank our readers who have made this growth possible for us.
There were several things that went right for us in March and we would like to highlight them to our readers.
Continue reading Monthly Buzz: March 2009 Roundup
February has come to end, but that does not mean that we will stop writing great content for our readers, however there are often times when you may have missed on some really good content, and as part of the Monthly Buzz we round up the best posts and make it available in a easy to find place for our readers.
Along with that there are some basic stats I would like to share with our readers, after all you are the driving force for us writing content, so we want to have a equal peek at what’s behind the scenes for you.
Continue reading Monthly Buzz: February 2009 Roundup
Its been quite a while since we have covered any of the new features released in Gmail Labs, and there are quite a few interesting features already been released, so here is a roundup of all the features that have been released in the past few weeks.
Gmail Custom Colors
Quite sometime back we had reported about Gmail themes, which allowed users to enhance the look and feel of Gmail, without the need to add any extensions or add-ons, however the Gmail developers have taken in a step further and announced the option for Gmail users to apply their custom colors to the theme.
Continue reading Gmail Custom Colors, Multiple Inboxes In Gmail, Title Bar Tweaks, Location in Signature and Multi-Attachment & Progress Bars
It has been a great past week and the most exciting part of this week was that we redesigned and got a completely cool and slick look :-), if you haven’t seen the new look please do so, and give us your feedback on it.
Here are some of the best posts of this week, so don’t forget to catch up with them if you missed some interesting posts in the week.
Useful Tips and Tricks To Increase Your AdSense Earnings A list of tips and tricks to increase your AdSense earnings based on my experience.
Ultimate List of Tips and Tricks For Windows Live Writer Are you making full use of the best Software for Offline Blogging, here are a list of tips and tricks to get the best out of WLW.
Continue reading Buzz Of The Week: Oct 18th To Oct 24th 2008
Welcome to another episode of roundups where we talk about the various happenings that we could not cover individually over the week, this week has definitely seen a lot of new exciting launches and improvements. Lets take a look at what this week had on offer.
Opera 9.6 Released
Opera finally released the the final version of the browser Opera 9.6, this version of the browser has several new enhancements, including a magazine style feed reader, expanded opera link, optimized opera mail, increase speed and more. They have also added support for several new languages including Indonesian, Ukrainian, Estonian, Hindi, Telugu, and Tamil languages.
If you have not upgraded yet, take a look at the change-log and download the latest version.
Continue reading Opera 9.6 Released, Yahoo Web Analytics, Google AdSense for Games, uTorrent New Version, Gmail Labs Advanced IMAP Control
Welcome to another episode of roundups of the latest news, we could not cover individually. This week has been pretty exciting so far, with lots of interesting news from across several software companies.
Google Desktop 5.8 Now Much Faster and Stable
We have been big fans of Google Desktop search, but had a few problems with performance at times. The Google Desktop team have been listening to our problems, and have released Google Desktop 5.8 which improves performance and makes it much faster and stable.
We have been running the latest version for few days, and definitely see a lot less memory and CPU resources being used. You can download the last Google Desktop to see for yourself.
Continue reading Google Desktop Is Faster, VLC Media Player 0.9.2, Google Audio Indexing, Adobe Air For Linux, Google Android and More
Welcome to another roundup episode, where we cover roundup all the latest happenings we could not cover into a single post for your convenience, this week saw several interesting news and we are pretty excited to bring them to you.
iTunes 8 Genius and iPod Nano 4th Generation
Apple announced the availability of the new iPod 4th generation 8GB and 16GB model, we had posted some leaked pictures of the iPod 4th generation model earlier. In addition to that Apple has released the latest version of iTunes called Genius, which looks much better and has a lot of features.
Continue reading iTunes 8 Genius, New iPod Nano, Google Docs Updates, Gmail for IE6, Gmail Labs New Features, Dropbox For Public and more
It’s the end of another great month here at Techie Buzz, several good and bad things happened during the month, and we will discuss them in this post. Unlike the last month roundup, we are including some basic statistics this time around, due to requests from our readers.
Basic Blog Stats for August 2008
No of Posts: 90
In August we wrote 90 posts which is comparatively lower than the 110 posts we wrote in July, there were several reasons for this and we will talk about them in the post, in the problems we faced section.
Traffic increased significantly over July 2008, but there were 14 days of a lean patch which lost us quite a bit of traffic. Overall we were happy with the traffic, but it could have been much higher had we not been in a lean patch for 14 days of this month.
- Total Unique Visitor: 80000+
- Page Views: 150000+
- Search Engine Traffic: 52.51%
- Referring Sites: 36.94%
- Direct Traffic: 10.56%
As you can see our main source of traffic, search engines dropped significantly by over 25%, and most of those were in the 14 days lean patch, keep reading to know what went wrong in those 14 days. In September we would see a definite increase and hope to see these figures changing significantly.
Continue reading Monthly Buzz: August 2008 Roundup