It’s been a pretty good month as we accelerated our writing speed and also added new authors to our team. Not to forget in this month we made our move to a shiny VPS server, that would serve pages faster to our readers and cause lesser downtimes.
There has also been a nice growth of regular readers, and we thank all our readers for continuing to be a part of Techie Buzz. As a part of the monthly roundup we will highlight some of the best posts of the month, some of you may not have read it, so this is can be a convenient way to catch up on the best posts.
Here is a list of all the best posts for the month of July 2008.
- Will Cuil Be the Google Search Killer? Our verdict was that it’s not even in the competition.
- Looking for a free alternative for paid softwares, we covered more than 35 amazing and free softwares that does a good job if not better as a replacement for the paid softwares.
- Don’t know what to do with the Windows button on your keyboard? We have a ultimate list of uses for the windows button that will make that key ever so useful.
- Our tips and tricks section for the month has been buzzing with quite a few productivity tips, you can find out how to increase your productivity while using Firefox, giving a personalized touch to your twitter home page, searching Gmail for emails between particular dates, a quick and easy way to delete index.dat files, simple tools to increase your productivity, quickly show and hide hidden files and folders and changing desktop icon size in Vista.
- iPhone 3G released this month, and Elise takes a look at how it had another rough launch. Elise also talks about the essential things missing from Google Apps.
- Learn about few new Twitter tools for group messaging and instant messaging integration and now you can also setup alerts to know when someone tweets about your products or URLs.
- We talked about several command line tips for Windows using which you can find the largest file size in any folder and also recursively delete files from folders and sub-folders.
- In this month there were quite a few tips for Linux users including working with symbolic links, changing the default ssh port and disabling direct root access.
- Mount your favorite folders as virtual drives Quickly access your favorite folders, just like any other drive on windows.
- Convert you Media to any formats including iPhone / iPod formats Why use several tools to convert your media, when a single tool can do the job for free?
- Search the web from Microsoft office products and more using your mouse we introduced your to Kallout a great way to search faster using your mouse, without opening a browser window.
- Looking to get rid of duplicate contacts, we have couple of posts showing you how to do it in Windows Live Hotmail and Yahoo Mail.
- For all of you looking for some eye candy for your desktop, check out the 6 places to find high resolution wallpapers, we also created a list of 25 high resolution Firefox wallpapers for you. If your looking to get Windows Seven themes your in luck, since we spoke about Windows themes for Windows XP and Windows Vista.
- We also covered lots of free utilities for images, torrents, laptops, screen captures, image compression, video codecs, fonts, and a advanced calculator.
- For Firefox users we have covered few extensions that will allow you to restore Firefox 2 location bar in Firefox 3, convert any web page into a PDF file, get event updates from Google calendar, using Firefox as a file browser and a great add-on to make searching from the address bar easier.
Hope our readers enjoyed the posts in this month, we would love to hear your feedback and suggestions on improving Techie Buzz, feel free to leave a comment or contact us directly with your views.