The folks at the Opera Software ASA have released the Opera 10.53 beta version for Linux and FreeBSD. This beta release of Opera for linux has made the web browser faster, and more feature-rich. The new beta version also has better integration with KDE and Gnome desktop environments. There is also full support for skinning in Opera 10.53 in Linux.
Linux has always been a priority at Opera, as many people within our own walls are devoted users,said Jon von Tetzchner, co-founder, Opera Software. It was important for us in this release to make alterations to our terms of usage, in order to make Opera even easier to distribute on Linux.
The new version also includes a brand new rendering engine the Presto 2.5. The new version also offers a Private browsing option to its users. Opera has also made changes to its End User License agreement for easier distribution of the software. The new End User License allows Opera 10.53 Beta to be included in software distribution repositories for wide distribution.
Hera are the major changes in this new release :
- Leave no trace Private browsing offers windows and tabs that eliminate their browsing history when closed, ensuring your privacy.
- Control your view easily Zooming in and out of Web pages is easier with a new zoom slider and view controls accessible from the status bar.
- Redefine widgets Widgets are now installed as normal applications on your computer and can work separately from the browser.
- More elegant look and feel The user interface for Linux has been reworked, and the new Omenu allows access to all features previously available in the menu bar. The menu bar can be easily reinstated.
- No more Qt dependence Opera’s user interface now integrates with either GNOME/GTK or KDE libraries, depending on the users’ installation.
- Turbo-charged browsing When surfing on slow, congested networks, for example at an airport or on a train, Opera Turbo comes to the rescue, ensuring the fastest page loading no matter the crowd. Tests show that Opera Turbo provides about 65% faster browsing on Edge and around 50% faster browsing speed on 3G networks.
Users can download Opera 10.53 Beta for linux from here.